Apollo Glass Gives Back: The Buffalo Food Shelf
Apollo Glass is passionate about supporting our community and the wonderful resources it has to offer. Starting in 2019, we have decided we will “put our money where our mouth is” and donate a portion of our profits to local organizations each quarter. We are proud to be a part of a community that supports one another and want to help deserving organizations serve those in need.
For the second quarter of this year, we are happy to support The Buffalo Food Shelf. This incredible group serves over 400 families each month in our area. It is a Christian, non-profit, community-based organization supplementing food and hygiene items to those who need it most. With a number of ways to donate and volunteer, The Buffalo Food Shelf makes it easy to give back to the Buffalo community.
From hosting monthly events, to raising awareness within our city, The Buffalo Food Shelf and its volunteers are a valued asset. Check out some recent noteworthy activity from our friends at the Buffalo Food Shelf:
- The food shelf received $1,367 in cash donations and 1,288 pounds of food from the Baby Animal Fair in April.
- Free Community Breakfasts and Senior Days held monthly serve the aging population in need.
- Stamp Out Hunger–an effort coordinated by the US Postal workers–collected 5,468 pounds of food on Saturday May 11th.
- 60+ and Healthy Clinics offer foot care for the senior citizens of Wright County this summer. They trim toenails to meet the needs of seniors who have a health condition, such as diabetes, or are unable to trim toenails themselves.
- The annual Green Bean Open, a golf event fundraiser, is planned for June 20th with contributions benefiting our local resource.
If you need help, want to donate, or volunteer, check out The Buffalo Food Shelf online. Apollo Glass is thrilled to support such a deserving resource in our community and look forward to contributing to other local organizations throughout the coming years. #apolloglassgivesback