Two sheets of glass, held together by an inner layer of strong vinyl makes up a vehicle windshield, and is one of the most important safety pieces between you and the open road.
It provides structural strength to your vehicle body, supports the inflation and performance of airbags, as well as helps keep passengers inside the car, in case of an accident.
Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) are U.S. federal regulations specifying design, construction, performance, and durability requirements for motor vehicles and regulated Automobile safety-related components, systems, and design features.
Ask your technician to provide a record of work completed as well as information on a windshield warranty.
Replace your windshield when:
- Damage impairs the drivers visibility
- Crack is near, or reaches into, the outside margin of glass
- Damage reduces the safety of the car in case of a collision
- The inner layer of glass has been broken
In the winter months, it is also important to have your windshield repaired in a heated garage, ensuring the best outcome for the glass product and efficiency of the installers.
Not necessarily, but any glass should be repaired as soon as possible for two main reasons:
- Damaged windshields may weaken and provide less protection to vehicle occupants. Windshields are custom designed to ensure the safety of passengers. Acting similarly to a helmet, a damaged windshield doesn’t provide the level of protection intended. Just a small crack can signify a compromise in the structural integrity of the glass and should be repaired or replaced as soon as possible.
- Safety and visibility are decreased with chipped or cracked windshields. Over time, moisture, dirt, and excess fluids may seep into auto glass layers further decreasing visibility and damage. Add in precipitation, an unknown cycle of freezing and thawing, unstable road conditions, and that small chip transformed into a large crack overnight
Yes! Our professionals at Apollo Glass are happy to assist with any insurance paperwork.
We want to make your glass repair experience as easy as possible. Drop off your vehicle with us, or a technician can be sent to your home or place of business. We offer complimentary rides or delivery service and have a courtesy car available if needed.
Apollo Glass is happy to replace one window if that is all you need. By replacing only what needs an update and not the entire frame, or multiple units, you can save time and money.
Depending on the location and age of your windows, they can last decades with proper care.
No. A number of factors contribute to changing the appearance of residential windows. Areas that experience drastic weather swings are prone to increased damage, as well as windows that face the sun or obtain more moisture.
Of course! Our technicians will replace just window, leaving the frame intact and saving your time repainting or staining.
Yes, our technicians are happy to meet you at your home or place of business if you prefer, or have a limited schedule.
Yes! Of course every vehicle is different and we would want to consult with you first, but we are able to work on cars with special features. Contact us for details or a quote.
Yes! We are happy to work with you on a custom glass table top piece to showcase or protect your home furnishings.
Windshield calibration is the process of adjusting the parameters of a camera lens to capture a complete image of the vehicle and road, guaranteeing that in-car ADAS systems receive accurate and reliable information.
All automakers have committed to installing ADAS by the year 2022.